Monday, February 4, 2008

mi vida ahora....






hola! como esta usteden? lo siento por todo lo toempo que no me escribir usted!
haha okay, ill write in english :) ... so wow!!!! im here in mallorca and mandy is in hungry!!!!
its insane! tha plane ride was INTENSE! i almost missed my flight.... yes i did i was the last to check in and pretty much i almost cried. BUT we got on, mandy and i went crazy on our 9 hour adventure.... we watched sooo many movies!!we sat next to a reallly cool new zeland guy, whom we decided to make laugh the whole 9 hours! so fun!
so we go to LONDON! man, it sucked cuz i only slept for an hour and it was like 9 am in LOndon and we had quite and adventure in front of us. We had to:
1. go thru customs
2. find our luggage
3. find mandys guitar
4. find the coach/bus station
5. buy 2 ticketsto Gatwick airpot north terminal ASAP
6. go to gatwick and drop off luggage and get ticket
7. eat
8. go thru security
9. go to madrid!
... and we had to do all this in 3 stinkin hours!!!!! AAAAND we didnt have any form of time.... so we were off!!......
okay we got off, went to the wrong line in customs... i got yelled at for taking a picture of mandy going under a line bar "No pitchurem no pitcher, you delete pitcjure okey?!!" -me: okay ill delete it (...still have picture :) .. oops!)
but then, we got interegated and then had to get our luggage! .. i got mine super fast (cuz i boarded last) and then we got mandys beast... hen we waited and waited and stressed for her guitar... we got it! ...
we were running everywhere lookin for the floor with the coach station!!!! OMG this was one of the funniest moments in our entire friendship! let me walk you thru this....

okay here is the setting... I have 2 ginormous black fully heavy 20 kilo suitcases and a huge backpack. Mandy has the incredable hulk suitcase, a backback the size of her torso and head, and a guitar. We are frantically looking everywhere, when we are suddenly directed up a flight of escalators. Okay, so i was going in pretty confident cause i had the double suitcase-roll down, and mandy looked stable. so we get to the bottom of the escalator, and lo and behold we realize that we have to put these big rolly things on these stairs that automatically move.... and to top it off, people are coming behind us... and not just people, but ENGLISH PEOPLE (no offense, but you know, not so on the "love is patient" side). Okay so without thinking about anything we roll our cases on and we somehow get on too. So mandy goes first..... i put on case on a step and i get on and somehow hold onto my other as it follows behind. Everything is good. right? ... wrong!!!!! i look up and not more than 3 seconds up, i see the incredible hulk in all its entirity tumbling down the escalators... and as we all know, the only way gravity can stop is when it hits a solid object. and the only sold object was.... me, and my two suitcases, and grumpy english locals. So.... what do we do.... we of course bust a gut and stand in the pee position while i try my hardest to balance all three cases... i have seriously never laughed so hard in my life.... and just imagine what it was like getting off that escalator....

anyways... we got off and found the coaches, hopped on the next one and went to the city of gatwick, which was a hour away. We almost died on the bus when the driver was cussing everyone out and almost got in an accident, but its all good... soyea we got there, i checked in my stuff, we couldnt check in mandys so we went down stairs to eat and mandy spilt water all over the floor and it was time for me to go.... no tears fortunately cuz we met some people from murrietta there so it would have been awkward, but we said bye and i was off to madrid which was another 3 hours, and the a 3 hour layover, where i sat and looked at overpriced mcdonalds, and then waited for my flight to palma. where i spoke my first lick of spanish to this lil old lady who sat next to me.!

i got in like at 10pm and saw eric flores waiting for me, and we took off to my flat!!!!

i couldnt really see much cuz it ws night and i was on about 2 hours of sleep within the past 24 hours.... but i got ot my room, and met my 6 roomies and ditched the toothbrush and went to bed.

okay so i have a literal apartment in the city of Mallorca. It is a 2 bedroom house with a kitchen and a bathroom. there are 7 of us total!!! man, its insane. I LOOOVE all the girls in my room tho. i have top bunk and a gorgeous balcony view of the mediterranean sea. its a 5 min walk to the santa posa community church, where pastor rafael manzaneras teaches and we do all our classes. my roomies are erika (steward from nappa valley) lucy (from england) julie (hemet) madeline (hemet) kaitlin (bakersfield) and liz (long island, NY) ... i have some other amazin friends lisa (anaheim) and alexa (idaho) ... i love lov love life herer so far. it is amazing!!!!!

my classes: missions, galations/ephesians, acts, revelations, community service, womens d.

the community is amazing! they are all german, irish, and mallorcian. they speak their own language so its crazy.... the euro is crazy too!! we went shopping for the first time today and it was ooo fun... basically im going to be living off of bread and bananas and a tomotoe haha!!!! but seriously... haha

so im so tired and i will give detail later but thats the update for now haha....

i love life in mallorca and am ready for our last orientation tomorrow!!!

love you all and please pray for me out here!!! miss you guys.. and mandy.. i love oyu and hope you are well and i tell everyone pur stories here and i still have my necklace on!!!! :)


muah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was freakin hiliarious!!! i was picturing the suit case fallin in slo mo...in my mind...i was laughing so loud the kids thought i went crazy! so i'm glad you made safe. luv you kid..take care

Mandy and Adrianna said...

aww lol thanks ro! i love you guys too!!

Mago-rita said...

hey baybay! sounds like you're having a blast, your escalator fiasco was hilarious! i'm glad to see that you made it safely and with lots of laughs! it's the best way to roll!
keep us posted.
miss you and love you lots!
muah!

Mago-rita said...

The escalator. Thats what it's all about.

-Moe

Joshua Carpenter said...

I expect a book from both of you about your trips published and already on the best sellers' list by the time you guys get back!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! TOO FUNNY! I was totally picturing the whole escalator scene in my head too. I was laughing so hard I had to wipe away tears to finish reading the story...only you two!

I am glad to hear that you are LOVING it there...I would be loving it too if I could stay in a place that beautiful!

Okay, I am going to continue reading the other posts now...

Leanne

nanasmama said...

FINALLY MAADE IT YO'ALLS BLOG! WOW I ALMOST PEED MY PANTALONES AS YOU DESCRIBED THE ESCALATOR SCENE THANKS FOR STILL MAKING YO MAMA LAUGH EVEN FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EARTH!! LOVE YOU BABY! PLEASE POST MORE AMAZING PICS.